Do you like a good story? How about a story of a state municipality reaching out to a VMW team for help to enable 8,000 workers w/ #WFH access and how they worked together to build a simple, secure and scalable load balancing solution in days?
Listen in as we have special guests, Kevin Moats and Ralph Stoker to hear how they helped a client take a Horizon PoC environment leveraging the users existing physical desktops, into production using the NSX Advanced Load Balancer (AVI) to support the 8,000 users in 24 hours.
Host: Erik Hinderer
Co-host: Jim Streit
Special Guests: Ralph Stoker, Kevin Moats
Big shout out to the following people who helped in this project and acted selflessly, when a friend asked for assistance in a time of need. You are all truly EPIC2.
- Matt Honigford – Identified the need and reached out to VMware resources
- Bill Zulkosky – Sponsored the AVI technical assistance
- Robert Miller – Assisted with the load balancing design and deployment
- Ralph Stoker – Lead the network requirements / AVI setup and Horizon network link
- Bob Johnston – Lead the design and implementation of the Horizon expansion and physical desktop agent deployment
- Kevin Moats – Assisted with the network requirements / AVI setup and Horizon network link (Acted as project manager between Horizon and network teams)